Book Your Slot
Join Our Family – A Lifetime Relationship
How to dye your dog’s
fur in just a few steps
Dyeing your pet’s fur can be a fun way to make them stand out. However, if you’re considering fur dye for your cat or dog, safety should be your priority. Below are a few steps you can take to safely dye your dog’s fur.
Choosing the right fur dye
One very important thing you should bear in mind when choosing a fur dye for your dog is to never use permanent or human hair dyes. This is because most of them contain chemicals that can be toxic for dogs. There are several other alternatives that are safe for your dogs. These include; edible food dyes made from vegetables like carrots, beets or turmeric; natural and organic food coloring and dog-friendly hair dyes.
Consult a grooming service
There are many pet salons that offer fur dyeing as part of their services. However, make sure to inquire about their methods and the types of dyes they use (if they contain dog-friendly ingredients).
The great thing about using a pet grooming service is that most of them have trained technicians and are equipped to meet all the requirements necessary for the dyeing process. Also, with mobile pet grooming Miramar services now available, you can have the groomers come to you, which can be more comfortable for your dog.
Applying the dye
If you are dyeing your dog’s fur by yourself, follow the steps below for the dye application;
- Wash your dog’s fur with a dog-friendly shampoo and rinse thoroughly. Dry with a towel but leave their fur slightly damp as this will hold the dye more effectively.
- Apply an ophthalmic ointment to your dog’s eyes to prevent any eye irritation, especially if you plan to dye any areas close to your dog’s face.
- Comb and brush your dog’s fur in preparation for the dye application
- Mix the dye. Most store-bought dyes will come with mixing instructions.
- Apply the dye to all the desired areas and allow a few minutes for the dye to dry and set.
Above are some easy steps you can take to safely dye your dog’s fur. Alternatively, you can consult your local mobile pet grooming Miramar service if you feel doing it yourself won’t look as good or professional.